Saturday, October 9, 2010

Two Month Check

Lilah had her two month check up yesterday. Much like her sister was, she is a BIG baby! I can't believe how much she has grown since she was born. Remember, she started out weighing 6 lb 14 ounces. Well, she now weighs 12 lbs 8 ounces (90th percentile) and is 23 3/4 inches long (90-95 percentile). Yeesh!

Lilah had the two shots plus an oral vaccine yesterday. I couldn't watch. Between Elise, Lilah, and I, there were no dry eyes. Sweet Elise didn't want Lilah to get hurt and had sympathy tears. What a kind big sister! Afterward, Lilah slept most of the day. She was pretty sad when she finally woke up, but she seems more like herself today. 

I looked back to Elise's two month check, it was neat to see what Elise was up to then and also how life has changed. Elise was a very motivated baby - she remains a motivated preschooler! She is very smart, and she never stops. Personally, I was going through a painful time going back to work full-time. I was really longing for more flexibility and more time with Elise. God certainly provided. I have to say, as November 1 nears (when Lilah will start some childcare), I can't say I'm looking forward to it. But, I'm so grateful that I can work part-time in a job I enjoy and still have lots of time to spend with my girls.

We're in Fort Wayne for the weekend - our annual apple picking trip. So, I'll have lots of good pictures after the weekend. Sorry for no pictures in this post.

No comments: