Friday, January 25, 2008

Two Month Check Up

I don't have any new pictures to add (sorry!), but I wanted to share about Elise's two month check up. She weighed in at a whopping 13 lbs - in the 95th percentile! She is 22 7/8 inches long, which puts her in the 75th percentile for length. So, all in all, she is a big, healthy girl.

She also received three vaccines, one orally, two shots. She completely threw up the oral vaccine and screamed through the whole experience. But, luckily she was one of the babies that comes home and crashes after vaccines versus is awake and very fussy. She slept all day after her appointment.

Speaking of sleeping, Elise has become a magnificent sleeper, for which I am eternally grateful. For about a week she has been sleeping from 10 p.m. until 7 a.m. In fact, I have to go wake her in the morning at 7.

Another milestone, last night after bathtime, I put Elise on a blanket to do some tummy time. Before I knew it, she was on her back! She rolled over to her back three times! I was so excited for this new accomplishment.

So, many wonderful things are happening! The one not so wonderful thing is that this week I returned to work. I am working half days through next week and then will be back full time. This transition hasn't been the easiest. While working part time would probably be a pretty good arrangement, the thought of being away from Elise from 8-5 is really, really painful. I would love to be able to be home with her. I know God has been faithful to allow Wes flexibility to stay home several days. I also am realizing that I want to have that option. I trust that God will provide this opportunity in the future. Until then, pray that I will be patient in waiting for the right opportunity to be able to be home more.

No comments: