Monday, January 7, 2008

Daycare Update









When Elise was in her first month, I had no qualms about her going to daycare - frankly the idea of someone else taking care of her was a little appealing - this was hard work. However, over the last three weeks, Elise has gotten more an more interactive and fun. I love watching her play, smile, and coo. She also has become a bit more independent, so I don't have to hold her every minute of every day. With all these new developments, I just couldn't imagine Elise spending 40 hours in daycare, but I also knew that at this point in time, my staying at home really wasn't an option. Wes and I talked about it and decided that if his boss allowed, he could cut his hours down. Certainly an answered prayer, his boss agreed. Wes will be working 30 hours a week, with probably about 10 of those hours happening in the evening (by nature of his work). This means Elise will only have to be in daycare 2 full days a week and then be with a babysitter a couple of afternoons. in the other time, she'll have quality daddy-daughter time. Wes is really looking forward to this extra time with Elise. Being a parent certainly puts into perspective the other things that we consider important in our lives! Here are some pictures from the last week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That little girl is starting to look more and more like her Daddy!! I'm so glad everything is working out about the daycare. Holly actually talked about coming up there for school at IU and babysitting. HMMM!!! :-)
Love you guys!