Sunday, September 19, 2010

This is our life

Last night I had the chance to go out with the "girls" - the girls being my mom friends from our weekly playgroup. Of course, Lilah was along plus the three other children busy growing in their mommies still.... We had fun conversation, laughing at realizing we relate more to college kids' parents than the kids anymore and disapproving of the dresses the high school girls were wearing for their homecoming dance. At one point the conversation turned to blogging, which leads me hear. I am resolving to blog more about life's moments that make me laugh and cry and all the emotions in between. I want to remember those and be able to share them with my girls when they're older.

So, Elise. She is definitely a terrible two. She whines, she disobeys, and she runs and hides pretty much anytime I want to get her dressed. She tests Wes' and my patience daily. Despite that, she is full of personality. Life will never be boring with Elise. Whether she is running through the house riding her broomstick, wearing a witch hat, and singing the wicked witch song from Wizard of Oz, or sitting on the toilet reading ESPN magazine (learned from her father, no doubt), Elise makes us laugh.

Yesterday we ventured to the Fall Festival Parade. My childhood insecurities came out as I worried the older kids would get all the candy and she wouldn't get any. I realized my timid personality as a child may have led to no candy, but Elise, she's gonna go for the candy. She isn't shy - she asserts herself! We walked away with plenty.

No comments: