Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Waiting for Lilah June

I was just looking back at some posts from when Elise was born, and I realized a few things. One, I was much more reflective pre-child. Two, I haven't posted much about what it has been like to anticipate Lilah. And three, what I'm feeling now, waiting on Lilah, is very similar to what I was feeling when I was waiting on Elise.

So, I thought I'd take a minute and dedicate a post just to Lilah. Wes and I are very excited to meet her. From her ultrasound at 20 weeks, we had a feeling she might have some of her mommy's qualities in her. Whether she is very similar to her sister or totally different, we know she'll be the perfect fit in our family. And, as far as we're concerned, our family will be complete. Because we can't see her or hold her in our arms yet, it is hard to imagine what it will be like to love her as dearly as we love Elise, and yet we know we will love her totally and completely. (Of course, we already do love her, but its a bit abstract at this point!)

Lilah is taking her time, choosing her grand entrance into the world. With her due date on July 30, I have to say the weekend was hard. I was so disappointed when she didn't come. But, today was a new day. I realized that she will come and I have to be okay with not knowing exactly when. I trust that pregnancy and labor are natural processes, and I just have to find some patience to wait until the right moment. From what I understand, it isn't exactly clear what starts labor, but I trust God/my body/my baby to know when the time is right.

Lilah will move into Elise's old room. Since we're having another girl, we didn't change too much in the room - I'm far too practical to redecorate. But, Lilah does get her own artwork - these adorable giraffe, lamb and duck photos above the crib. And, I actually got some baskets for the changing table - I don't know how I managed without before. Everything was just in stacks and piles.

And the final picture has been my project for the last few months of pregnancy. I've always been pretty practical with money, but I've gotten even more thrifty since becoming a mom. So, I've been scouting the best deals on diapers and stockpiling. Quite a collection so far! As I unloaded all these diapers from Lilah's closet, a couple thoughts crossed my mind. First, I really must be bored to unload all these diapers to take a picture and then put them back. Second, I really should cloth diaper. I hate thinking of all the waste I'm causing. However, I'm going to selfishly stuff that conviction down deep and not acknowledge it.

If you think of it, say a prayer for our family as we wait - that we'll be patient, and that when Lilah does come, it'll be a safe, healthy, and joyful delivery.









3 comments:

Jason and Emilee Munafo said...

Hello Erin! I have been thinking about you a ton. I can only imagine what you are thinking as you prepare for number two. I can't wait to hear all about her and to see the little girl she becomes. We are waiting anxiously with you! Emilee

Ali said...

I will be thinking of you all as you wait for little Lilah. I hope she comes soon, and that her birth is fast, healthy, and pain free!

Hillary Redden said...

Wow! I can't believe you have that many diapers before she is even here! Great job on the bargains. Trust in the Lord and his timing; praying that everything goes well for all of you!