Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day?

This day had such potential, and yet ended up pretty disappointing. Typical of Valentine's Day, yeah?
The kids and I headed to our friend Abra's for a Valentine's Day celebration - craft, cookie decorating, card exchange - such potential! And the party was fun! Unfortunately, the party took a bad turn (at least for me) when Elise tried to remove the bow from a friend's hair and hurt her friend in the process. Elise denied causing her pal's tears and refused to go to timeout. So I end up carrying her out to the car (in my socks) while she expressed her anger by scratching the daylights out of my chest with her finger nails.

How do things go so badly so quickly? I now feel completely emotionally drained because conflict, even with a three year old, is incredibly difficult for me. (Plus, this all went down in front of my friends - embarrassing!)

So, it hasn't been the greatest day. But, hey, it is only noon....




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tamara said...

oh erin, i can SO completely relate! conflict with anyone {yes, even a child!} is just NOT my forte! :) at least the day is still young! there's time for recovery! :) love you and miss you!!
--tam

daddy drink coffee? said...

I hope your day gets better. Don't worry about the drama in front of friends...you know it happens to us all and we understand the best :). I just felt bad that Elise had to leave, but very impressed with your handling the situation. Happy Valentine's Day!! love you!

Abra Clampitt said...

that last picture made me laugh out loud. you know you don't even have to worry about it, in front of us. in fact, i think i missed it all because i was in another room. :) we are glad you were able to come! now try to relax the rest of the afternoon! that's my plan at least.

Loving Life said...

Don't worry about that in front of me! Quite frankly, I'm not sure if I even saw it or not. :) If I did, then it wasn't bad because I don't remember it. If I didn't, I didn't even hear it going on in the other room. Have a good rest of the day!