Friday, January 28, 2011

Learning how to smile

You'd think with a title like that, this post would be about the infant. Nope - it's Elise. We've really struggled to get her to smile at the camera - she's a girl on the go, and is generally uninterested in pausing the fun for pictures. But, we seem to be turning a corner; I've managed to get some cute pictures of her lately. Here's what she's been up to.
Make Believe - So baking cookies in her play kitchen isn't too imaginative, but it makes for an awfully cute picture, right? Usually, she chooses some object other than the play cookies (like legos) to be the cookies on the tray - I guess that's where the imagination comes in :).

The other day I mentioned to Elise that I still had my blanket (Fuzzer Wuzzer) from when I was a little girl. She was intrigued by this - when I showed it to her, she quickly became attached. Her loveys now include Hippo (pillow pet), Stripe (the blanket) and Fuzzer Wuzzer.

For Christmas, we got Elise a leotard and told her we were going to sign her up for gymnastics class. Here she is before her first class. She had a great time and can't wait to go back.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: