Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Indianapolis Zoo

My mom, Elise, and I headed to the Indianapolis Zoo yesterday - wanted to get one more trip in before Lilah's arrival. It was a great day for it - wasn't hot like it has been, it was overcast, and it wasn't crowded at all. The weather report had predicted rain, but we didn't get a drop. Elise had a great time, and I actually captures some of her genuine smiles in the pictures. With a slow camera and a girl that doesn't stop moving, it can be hard to get those true grins. Elise's favorite part of the zoo was the carousel - go figure - but she also enjoyed petting the goats and watching the baboons.
Elise has been driving me a little bonkers lately - she has been resisting napping and then finally succumbs around 5 p.m. It isn't the most convenient time for her to take a nap. Hopefully this is just a short phase that she'll work through (preferably before Lilah arrives). I'm frequently saying to myself, I've totally lost my patience - can someone please help me find it?!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nana said...

Love the updates & pictures!! Hope you are getting your rest. . .hugs to all of you!!!!!