Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New baby

As I aluded in my last post, Wes and I are excited to announce we have a new baby on the way. I hadn't told my boss, so that is why I've been waiting so long to announce it. My boss is completely supportive; I just wanted to have the opportunity to tell her myself rather than learn from Facebook or a blog.


So, Wes and I are excited about the new baby, but we've been a little scared as well. We remember very clearly all the hard things about having a new baby... like the no sleep. I won't lie - I sometimes border on panic attacks when I think about sleep deprivation.


But, on Sunday, Wes and I went to visit our friends Andrew and Leah in the hospital - they had just welcomed their new daughter, Jane, into the world. Holding that little girl, the joy part of new parenthood all came back. Oh my, new babies are just so sweet. Irresistable!


Elise knows Mommy has a baby growing in her tummy, but she doesn't really understand the concept. We've been downplaying it, rather than trying to get her excited, because it is such a long time for her to have to wait for the baby to arrive. But, one very sweet thing she likes to do is "listen to the baby." She puts her ear on my belly and listens. I ask her what the baby says, and she says things like, 'Hi Mommy!' Of course, when she wants to listen to the baby in the grocery line, it is a little awkward, but still so sweet.


So, the details are I believe I am about 14 weeks along and the due date is August 2. Nausea and sleepiness were present, but not quite as bad as the first time around. The days go fast and I don't get to think about being pregnant as much, so I am sure the time will fly by.


Okay, here's your funny Elise story for the day. One day, I put on Sesame Street so I could take a shower. Elise ran in my bathroom and said, "I went to the potty by myself!" I was a little worried, but what could I do at that point? When I got out of the shower, the sink was running, but everything else looked in order in Elise's bathroom. Then I went out in the living room and found Elise like this, nude except for cowboy boots - oh my! I couldn't bring myself to post the picture on the web, so here are a couple other pictures to enjoy. The first one was from dinner the other night - for some reason I made her an adult size burrito - she looked so funny eating it.

6 comments:

Ali said...

Oh my gosh...congrats! I just found out today that Laura Barnes Paley is preggo too...there must be something in the water in Bloomington! I'm so excited for you guys:)

Shauna said...

I've been thinking about you a lot. Glad to hear that things are going well!

Nana said...

What a great story to have to tell her future husband ;-)!!! Would love to see that picture. Hugs to all of you.

Leslie Ober said...

Awe....CONGRATS!! Yay for a new baby!! :)Elise is going to be a wonderful big sister!! :)

Mr. & Mrs. said...

Congrats!!

Jason and Emilee Munafo said...

Hey Erin! I am so excited for you! I'll be honest, I started blog stalking you to see if you were pregnant..you mentioned the last time we spoke that number two might come this year. I hope things are going well. Show us some baby bump pics when you pop! Tell Wes hello! Congrats to you all.