Sunday, March 8, 2009

(Another) Sunny day at the park


We just can't get enough of this beautiful spring weather. We know it is supposed to end mid-week, so we tried to soak up all we could get this weekend. Here are a few pictures of our walk to Bruester's (free cone day as long as you wore pjs) and the park. The little flowers above are a very early blooming bulb from my backyard. I was so excited when I saw them this weekend!

Loving the ice cream! (I fed her with a spoon, but gave her the cone to hold for the picture. She would have been covered in ice cream otherwise!)

I just think Elise looks like such a kid (opposed to a baby) in this picture. If she had more hair, she'd look even more like a kid!

Elise wanted to climb up after her dad, but couldn't quite figure it out!Once up there, she had no fear of the height (though my knees felt a little weak).

After each trip down the slide, Elise would say, "Mo, mo, mo!" (Translation: more, more, more!) At dinner tonight, my brother, sister-in-law, Wes and I were recollecting the slides of our youth. They were metal, they were very fast, and they burned your legs on a sunny day! These slides aren't quite as fast, and while they don't burn, they generate serious static, creating some pretty intense shocks!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Oh she is getting so big. It is about time you had another one :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like there is another Bruester's fan :-)!!!! She just keeps growing. . .great pictures!! Hugs to Elise from Nana!!