Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Weaning

So this is a little more personal than my usual post, but I need help from any of the more experienced moms out there. I decided that this was the week to start weaning Elise. I really didn't think she'd have a problem because she takes a bottle regularly. However, I was wrong.

I started replacing her afternoon feeding with a bottle. She'll take the bottle to a point, then she starts screaming and rooting. I've tried just putting her in her crib and letting her cry to sleep, but she's not full, so she just cries and cries.

I wasn't prepared for weaning to be this emotional struggle, but it is!

Anyone have any successful weaning tips?

2 comments:

Tamara said...

hey erin--let's chat this week...i have church tonight, but could talk tomorrow anytime after 1pm. are you around in the afternoon?? e-mail me and let's set up a phone date!
love ya!
--Tam

Anonymous said...

Consider nursing longer than you'd intended. Sounds like your cutie still needs that snuggle time.