Monday, November 10, 2008

Arg.

Well, the weaning process continues to be a frustrating one. The last two days, Elise has taken the bottle fine, but then just refuses to go to sleep for her afternoon nap afterwards. Today, after letting her "cry it out" for almost a whole hour, I broke down and nursed her. Ten minutes later, she was asleep. Was she not full? Or did she just really want to nurse? I don't know.... Tomorrow she is at daycare in the afternoon - she usually takes a shorter nap there, but they manage to get her asleep somehow. We'll pick back up trying on Wednesday.

Anyway, here are some cute pix from this weekend. Elise has also taken to waking up earlier than she should be up, so on Sunday, Wes took her to the couch and slept with her. I guess she is just having some separation anxiety issues or something. Anyway, it resulted in an adorable picture. And, I realized I can turn my pictures to black and white on my camera, which I thought was pretty cute for this particular shot.

The next two pictures are Elise in her winter coat/hat/gloves for the first time this fall. We were getting ready to take the dogs for a short walk.

The last pictures are before church on Sunday.




2 comments:

Hillary Redden said...

Cute pictures in the hat! It does sound like she wants to be with you before she goes down for a nap. Have you always fed her before she sleeps? I guess I remember feeding Cole once he got up from a nap. Don't know if that would help.

Leslie Ober said...

She is JUST so cute!! And I wanted to wish her a very HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY!! :)