Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Elise's Dedication

This weekend we celebrated Elise's dedication at church. The purpose of this ceremony really is to outwardly express Wes and my commitment to raising Elise in a household committed to our faith in Christ, and for the church to commit to assisting us in this endeavor. Elise was so cute during the ceremony - she is just learning to wave and made sure to do so for the congregation. I hope to put a clip of the dedication up, but that takes editing the video, so don't hold your breath!
Afterwards, we hosted a lunch in Elise's honor - I even pulled out the china for the first time. It was a great afternoon - we were even surprised by two of my college roommates showing up (from out of town!) I have to say, when everyone left, I found myself feeling kind of down. It is so wonderful when our house is full of people that we love and that love Elise. Here are just a few pictures.

1 comment:

Nigerian Summer said...

Hi! Erin. I love reading your blog and keeping up with you and the family. What a special day you must of had with all those visitors and getting to share Elise with all of them! I think of you all often, and totally know the feeling of having a full house and then feeling down when it is empty again. Miss you all. Emilee