Monday, November 12, 2007

No baby yet!

In the last entry, Wes talked about time flying and at the same time standing still. Now, we've moved beyond time flying - it simply is standing still. So, as you have guessed by now, I am still indeed very pregnant. With Thanksgiving looming just a week and a half away, Wes and I get more anxious by the moment hoping that Elise will arrive soon. In the meantime, we are trying to enjoy our last few weeks of being childless - going to movies, going out to dinner, etc. We also have pretty much all the preparations done that we can. We have diapers, wipes, tons of adorable clothes, the carseat is installed, and the nursery is complete.
In addition to being finished, the nursery is more pink than Wes is used to growing up amongst boys. My mom made the valances for the windows and the cover for the glider for us in pink gingham - so sweet and girly. I enjoyed bargain shopping for the furniture (gotta love those garage sales) and then finding all the accessories.

That is about all the news! If Elise doesn't come on her own by the due date, we plan to induce on Monday the 19th, so we don't risk spending Thanksgiving in the hospital. We'll be sure to post when we go into labor and post some pictures after the birth, so be checking back over the next week! The pictures below are from weeks 38 and 37, respectively.

2 comments:

Lauren Kutsko said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!! I am glad for the update. I am thinking of you often. Hope she's a Thanksgiving girl...then we would share the awesome day of 11-22!
Love you both. Cast is still on...will it ever end? I am sure you are feeling the same way :)

Peace to you and me.

Katie said...

Elise's room looks SO SO cute! I'm very impressed!
I'm thinking about all three of you! Love, Katie