Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Change of Plans

For the last several weeks when Wes and I would go for my weekly check up, our midwife kept talking to us about inducing labor. I shared with a few of you that I felt like she was pressuring us to induce. So, while I really wanted the baby to come on her own, I finally just decided I would be okay with being induced. When we went to our appointment this morning and brought it up, we got a very different response - that we don't want to induce unless we absolutely need to. Needless to say, Wes and I were confused because it seemed so different than what we had been hearing for three weeks. But, ultimately that is something I am much more comfortable with, and even though I'd rather not be pregnant anymore, we're going to wait for Elise to come when she is ready. Liz, our midwife, thinks we probably have another week, so we'll keep waiting. I can't promise our waiting will be patient, but we'll wait. However, I am going to make today or tomorrrow my official last day of work - I need something to look forward to in the very immediate future! We'll continue to keep you posted.

No comments: