Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Alert!: Daddy posting...

Unfortunately, I don't contribute much to this blog. I wish I was better at writing because honestly, I love that Google commercial where the dad creates an email account for his daughter and sends her emails detailing her "growing up." I think that would be awesome for the girls to have. But, I can't focus on anything for more than 10 minutes at a time.

I digress. I wanted to take a couple minutes to chalk up some thoughts because I have had 5 special daddy-daughter days with my baby girl, Lilah June. If I'm being honest, when Erin wanted to take Elise and visit her brother, sister-in-law and their new son in Boston, I was skeptical. I have not typically enjoyed spending time with little (2 and under) kids, because I don't know how to entertain them. Lilah has proven me wrong. We have had a great time together. We've danced, played at the park, read at the library and Barnes & Noble, played with bubbles and taken long walks in the beautiful early Spring.

While on one of our walks, I listened to a sermon about how the church needs to be better about focusing on and integrating young people. Although not necessarily about parenting, parts of the message challenged my selfish side. I love my children more than life itself, but I'm a pretty selfish guy when it comes to my time. The past 5 days with Lilah, have shown me that I can set aside my selfish desires, just be a dad, and have a great time. I plan to prioritize my time with the girls from here on our.

Erin comes back tonight with Elise, and we will welcome them back with open arms, but we had a pretty great time ourselves.

Right after eating bubbles instead of blowing them



I just liked the funny expression

1 comment:

Nana said...

Enjoyed reading your post Wes. Glad you and Lilah got along well. Sounds like you kept busy and had fun together. Love you all so much!! Give those sweet girls hugs & kisses from their Nana!!