Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Short post

I've been slacking on posts, so I need to get something up, but there are probably a lot of other things I should be doing right now to get ready for our weekly dinner group (at our house this week). So, I'll keep it short. Elise had her first real haircut today - need to get her looking good for her flower girl debut. I wanted to get a picture in the chair, but she ended up sitting on my lap. She was pretty scared at first, but a sucker and mommy telling the Three Little Pigs story calmed her down. Afterwards, we went to the candy store and she picked our a gummy centipede as a treat (which is what she is eating in the picture).

Funny story I don't want to forget: I pick Elise up from school yesterday and she says, "Mommy, Jesus takes away our sins."
I reply, "You're right, Jesus does take away our sins."
Elise says (in a very distressed voice), "Mommy, why would Jesus take our sins?!"
I'll admit, I didn't know how to explain this one - at two, anything being taken from you is a bad thing....

Wes and Elise on a daddy-daughter date to the Indy Zoo last Saturday
Between Wes and my genes, Elise got the straightest hair known to man!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nana said...

She's going to make such a cute flower girl!!!