Monday, August 24, 2009

Sweetest Thing

Every age and stage of Elise's life so far I like more than the previous. Elise is quite a talker, and she makes me laugh, smile, and feel very proud many times a day. This semester, Elise is going to Faith Lutheran on Monday and Tuesday mornings. Wes graciously agreed to drop her off on his way to work. So, this morning, she and Wes were walking out to the car and I was watching from the door. Elise turns around to look at me, carefully places her milk on the driveway, and signs and says very clearly, "I love you, Mommy!" That is the first time I think she has told me she loves me without me prompting it. It brought joyful tears to my eyes. She is such a sweet girl. I feel so blessed to have my amazing family.

2 comments:

Nana said...

Love it!

Leslie Ober said...

Awe...SO precious!! :)