Friday, December 7, 2007

Many changes....

Adjusting to life with baby has been interesting. Quite honestly, those first two weeks were really, really tough! I felt completely confused about what Elise wanted at any given time. It seemed like all she wanted to do was eat - I couldn't believe she was that hungry. She also only wanted to sleep being held, which made it difficult for Wes and I to get any sleep. On top of all of this, I kept crying for no apparent reason, which was about the only part of the whole ordeal that stressed Wes out.
Week three has been a bit more manageable. Elise and I are starting to know each other a bit better, she has some semblance of a routine, and she is beginning to sleep for longer stretches at night in her bassinet. Wes has been a saint of a husband so far. He never complains when I wake him up at night, even though he usually has to get up for work in the morning. And, despite his pre-Elise claims that he wouldn't touch a diaper, he is tackling his fair share of those as well.

Enjoy the pictures of Elise!

1 comment:

kmiloch said...

Erin - the first two weeks are insane. It does get better. You'll be an old pro at this before you know it. When Maggie first arrived, I never knew what I was doing. I kept thinking that I usually had answers to questions - or at the very least - I had ideas about how to answer those questions. I have not ever felt so useless and ignorant as I did those first several weeks with Maggie. I just had no answers for anything she did. So many questions and zero answers. I mentioned this to the pediatrician and he was like "i don't have any answers for you either" :-). Don't worry - you'll get to know Elise's cries, moans, smiles, and signals as to what she wants when. The schedule is HUGE as it really helped me begin to identify what Maggie would need and when. And, it actually helped with planning and flexibility. It's great. Ya'll are doing a great job and she is a lucky little girl to have ya'll as parents. As for Wes, kudos to him. Matt was like that as well - but I do firmly believe that the dads should be just as involved as the moms :-).